It rained overnight just a little bit, but we need it badly so the bees and I will take what we can get. So the girls are a little slow to get started this morning, and there is more rain predicted for later today. I forgot to add more syrup to the top feeder in the green hive last night, so I added one quart early this morning, but there is still about a third of a quart in the entrance feeder. I'm not sure if I am breaking any sort of beekeeping rules by having both an internal and an entrance feeder, but the bees seem to be taking it from both places and I don't want to do anything to slow them down. I observed some bees at the entrance drinking water from rain drops which was a tiny bit interesting. And even before 7:30, I saw one bee coming home with a fresh load of pollen. I wasn't sure how early they really start foraging, but I guess some of them get going earlier than others.

No comments:
Post a Comment